International Testimony

International Testimony
God Is Love

Blog Archive

Ads 728 x 90


Why I Left Islam By Saudi Ex-Muslim - Ghada

Share it:

It bothers them but they also feel that this is an obligation to accept it because it is a given right to men in Islam to marry off to four wives and he can't tell him that he can't do it.

Why I Left Islam - Saudi Ex-Muslim - Ghada. Shalom, this is the story:

It was a long process why choose to consider in the US. I was very unhappy by sincerity. I'm living a double life. Was lying to my family of blends everybody around me. I just like when with hijab every day. It would be bothered with I won't be able to be myself. And so I left and I on cinema, Twitter.

So my journey leading religions started I was around high school. It was a year I decided you know what I'm going to be more religious. I'm going to read the Quran, from start to finish and this time going to read it. And I'm going to look really deeply in it. So this time around when I was reading it, I reached the chapter of the book which is called Surah Nisa, which means women. And then you reach the area or the first that speaks about how the men are the rulers of women. Then goes on to discuss what to do when your wife is disobedient.

But the contrast was huge, whereas as a disobedient wife is disciplined using, you know, different methods. Any disobedient husband is not disciplined at all if anything the woman gives up part of her rights or her husband goes back to her. I was very troubled by this so I went to my mother and I asked her about it. And I asked her why there's a difference. And her answer to me was because when a woman becomes disobedient then the whole society crumbles.


The hijab to me represents everything that I couldn't do when I was a kid. When 9 years old I wasn't able to wear dresses and shorts. I wasn't able to ride a bike outside with my friend, the boy of course. I wasn't able to go into the water and swim would my brother is in my, you know, the other kids.

To me it really does representing everything that i was a kid. I don't think it's empowering. To some people, i guess when they choose to wear it and they feel like the whole world is against them. The whole world is telling them that this thing is oppressive but they don't think it's oppressive because they chose to wear it.

But they're also completely disregarding other people like me, like many in the Muslim world, in Saudi Arabia and Iran and not just those countries people here in the US and Canada, that have very religious families that tell their children, you know, your won't be my daughter anymore if you take off your hijab, you're not welcome in my home.

It really bothered me that the left has been looking at the hijab as a freedom of choice because to me the hijab is the complete opposite of freedom of choice. Because it's a clear-cut requirement for Muslim women that you have to wear the hijab in order for you to be the most modest and in order for you to go to heaven. I was taught that if I don't wear hijab then I will be held from my hair in hell.

So the way I see it when women are brought up in a religion, a very misogynistic religion, Islam for example, where they are taught to cover up when they're young. And they're given half of what their male counterparts get in inheritance. And that protects them in realizing with their birthplace.

Just keep that in women in my community that has become so specialized. And they just thought you know this is what religion is. And this is what God gave my husband, and it's his right. It bothers them but they also feel that this is an obligation to accept it because it is a given right to men in Islam to marry off to four wives and he can't tell him that he can't do it.

Source:
Why I Left Islam - Saudi Ex-Muslim | Ghada

I've been very happy. I was able to find someone that I love. And there's been very very supportive of me and I've been able to create a life for myself be completely independent and most importantly be myself.
  • Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - (John 14:6).
Thanks You, Jesus Bless You.


Share it:

Islam

Post A Comment:

0 comments: