International Testimony

International Testimony
God Is Love

Blog Archive

Ads 728 x 90


[Best Testimony] Ex lesbian Embracing Jesus - Melissa Fryrear

Share it:

At 16 years old she had her first lesbian relationship. And by the time she was in college Melissa had embraced a lesbian lifestyle. For ten years Melissa went from one failed relationship to the next. Her life was disintegrating.

[Best Testimony] Ex Lesbian Embracing Jesus | Melissa Fryrear. Shalom, this is the story:

Melissa:
I was not having the crushes on the young men. I realized I was having crushes on the girls instead.

Melissa says a traumatic event in her life left her confused about her sexuality.

Melissa:
"I had been sexually violated as a child by a man outside of my family. And that affected my gender identity in that I thought it was bad to be a woman. That it was second best that it was a liability to be a woman because it meant that I could be hurt."

At 16 years old she had her first lesbian relationship. And by the time she was in college Melissa had embraced a lesbian lifestyle. For ten years Melissa went from one failed relationship to the next. Her life was disintegrating.


Melissa:
I was involved homosexually. I was not having successful relationships. I was abusing alcohol on almost a daily basis, doing the drugs on the weekend. I was an emotional cutter. I was overweight. I was not healthy and life was becoming more and more unmanageable.

Her live-in partner was fearful of Melissa's outbursts, where Melissa would scream, hit walls and throw things. Finally she could take no more and confronted her. Melissa thought about going to church to get help, but she didn't think she'd be accepted there.

Melissa:
"I presumed to know what I thought Christians thought of gays and lesbians and from a few snapshots through television or stories from ... from some of my friends about their Christian families. I just presumed that all Christians hated gays and lesbians."

Melissa's presumptions were tested on a daily basis. Her boss, a Christian man, treated Melissa in a way that was contrary to her preconceptions.

Melissa:
"Bill was ... was so gracious toward me and kind and respectful and as we worked together for several years in this professional environment. Eventually I knew that he was genuine and safe and trustworthy and that he genuinely cared for me as a person."

After many spiritual conversations with her boss Melissa asked her live-in lesbian partner to go to church. She said yes.

Melissa:
"And there was a couple in particular in their 70s, Doris and LJ, who were pillars in this church and of course they knew one look at me I mean they knew exactly what was going on. And they just they were like Christ to me and stepped right into my life and and scooped me into their arms and knit me into their hearts."

Doris and LJ taught Melissa about the Bible and showed her God's love. One day Melissa responded.

Melissa:
"I was alone in my bedroom and I'm just sitting on the edge of my bed. In saying those sweet tender words and the stillness of my heart, "Jesus would you come and eat Savior Lord of my life." And He answered that prayer that afternoon and and put a new seat down in my heart that He would begin to grow in ways I never ever ever would have imagined."

Melissa's partner also made a commitment to Christ and it took time to work out the complexities of their relationship.


Melissa:
"Well we were so emotionally entangled in emotionally enmeshed and codependent. That was a process of slowly untangling our lives from one another. And from the gay and lesbian community that we were a part of. And it was amazing how God just worked that out like in these three or four month intervals of time where we repented of sexual behavior but yet we still shared a bedroom, together in a bed together. And then time unfolded and that didn't seem right and then eventually realized ... we ... we can't live together. That's not right. We need to move apart. And how God fully separated our lives and that was then in 1994."

Melissa sought counseling through "Exodus International", a ministry that promotes freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ. There she was encouraged in her new life.

Melissa:
"Now God healed those wounds in my heart and now He began to teach me, woman is good, femininity is good. She's equal to men and masculinity and that both share that crown that dignity of creation."

For a number of years melissa has been on the staff of Focus on the Family she travels around the country offering hope to those living in homosexuality.

Source:
[Best Testimony] Ex Lesbian Embracing Jesus | Melissa Fryrear.

Melissa:
"I had so many points of reference of who I used to be versus Who I am now and what my life is like now. It is it's radically two different people but so much is different. How did you do that Lord. How did you do that and thank you for doing it. Thank you so much for it."
  • Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - (John 14:6).
Thanks You, Jesus Bless You.


Share it:

LGBT

Post A Comment:

0 comments: