International Testimony

International Testimony
God Is Love

Blog Archive

Ads 728 x 90


Go Back From Heaven And Be Happy - Julie Papievis

Share it:

"It ain't knew right then that I was in the presence of our Lord. I felt it. I knew it and then she said, 'Go back and be happy.' And then the next memory I had was waking up in the rehab hospital."

To Heaven and Back. Go Back From Heaven And Be Happy - Julie Papievis. Shalom, this is her testimony:

At the age of 29 Julie Papievis was in a car accident that left her in the balance between life and death. As she was driving away from a shopping mall a teen driver ran a red light plowing into her at 50 miles an hour. The impact jarred her head and neck severely injuring her brain stem. Her body instantly began dying. Within minutes the fire department arrived and pulled her from the wreckage. They were unable to detect a pulse or blood pressure. They took her to Loyola University Medical Center, unconscious and unresponsive. Brain scan showed no brain function.


Dr. John Sea:
"The brain stem is really the vital center where we breathe the controls are hard. It's sort of our center of life. You cannot exist without a brain stem. Anybody that has pinpoint pupil and has that abnormal posture that she had the survival rate is very poor. She had a serious brain stem injuring that I did not think she'd ever wake up."

Julie remained unresponsive in a coma. After several weeks hospital staff gave no hope of recovery and urged her parents to release her to a nursing home.

Dr. John Sea:
"Somebody comes in at the brain stem injury and is not breathing and is not talking can't feed themselves have no control of bodily functions. it's a miserable existence. I just didn't expect her to get returned to function."

Her parents refused to give up hope. They and their church family prayed for a miracle. To the astonishment of her doctors six weeks after the accident Julie woke up.

Julie:
"Like all of us woke up this morning I just woke up. I mean literally just woke up. Physically I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even swallow and my left eye was an open. I couldn't hear out of my left ear. I was in diapers. I was fed through a g-tube. I was drooling out of my mouth and you know I was paralyzed on my left."

Despite all those physical limitations Julie had an undeniable hope.

Julie:
"I never felt as if I was alone. I always felt that I always felt the Lord's presence and my whole walk through my recovery and from the minute I woke up He was always there with me. And I felt that because of the experience I had."

While in the coma Julie had been given a glimpse of heaven.

Julie:
"It was so vast and there was no real beginning or end to it. It was just perfect, peace. I knew that I was there in that place because I was dead. I knew that and I was not afraid. I was not afraid to be there. I was happy to be there. It was like I was home and I wanted to stay there."

She remembers her deceased grandmother's suddenly standing with her.

Julie:
"My grandmother said, 'No you can't go with us, you have to go back.' I said I can't go back. I'm not physically okay and I was pointing to my left side that was paralyzed. And she said your body will heal. And I felt right then that somebody had just like come like put a warm blanket around me and their arms around me. It ain't knew right then that I was in the presence of our Lord. I felt it. I knew it and then she said, 'Go back and be happy.' And then the next memory I had was waking up in the rehab hospital."

Julie was alive but her road to recovery was difficult both physically and mentally.


Julie:
"I kept thinking and saying, 'God why did you not let me stay there ? Why did you bring me back to this body that it doesn't work ?' And I give to struggle so hard to do everything. To wake up in a body like that like I did it was so incredibly disabled. I don't know how I would have ever gotten past that if I did not have the story of Hope that He had shared with me the experience of hope that He had shared with me with my grandmother's."

After two months of physical therapy feeling and movement slowly returned to her left side. Her progress was nothing short of miraculous.

Dr. John Sea:
"With the type of injury Julie had she bowed she had a four percent chance of surviving. Most people that have a four percent chance recovering. If they survive and they live longer than six months, very often her in a nursing home in a severe disability or persistent vegetative state her recovery was not due to medicine. Her recovery some miraculous events a miracle that happened because theoretically she should have died."

Julie progressed so well that in 2007, 10 years after her accident she trained for and finished an indoor triathlon.

Julie:
"When people hear that I did a triathlon they say they it's impossible but I believe nothing is impossible because I have been in front of the Lord. So I feel like anything is possible."

Today Julie shares a message of hope and purpose with others who have suffered similar injuries.

Julie:
"I want people to know that truly inside themselves that they matter. There's nothing that's less than about them because they've gone through those circumstances."

She has also written a book about her experiences in recovery entitled, 'Go back and be happy.'

Source:
Go Back From Heaven And Be Happy - Julie Papievis.

Julie:
"I have more purpose here on earth to fulfill and and I take that very seriously. The Lord is with me which I knew but it just it makes it so much clearer. He has been with me through all of it and if He truly has an intention a good intention for my life. I feel a much closer personal relationship now that you really has a definite purpose for for my life and for this story and for this gift of hope."
  • Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - (John 14:6).
Thank you. Jesus Bless you.


Share it:

Heaven

Post A Comment:

0 comments: