International Testimony

International Testimony
God Is Love

Blog Archive

Ads 728 x 90


Jesus Take Me Out Of The Darkness - Addie

Share it:

Everything was lifted and I felt like a whole new person. I got that second chance. I felt fully redeemed and that God just gave me that second life.
This is the story:

I have grown up in a non-christian, non-religious household. I currently and the second christian of my family my sister was recently brought toward but until then I was the only Christian in a family of six.

As I've grown up I kind of knew God was you know I've heard about him but I didn't really have a personal relationship with him. As I began high school I didn't really have a group of friends that accepted me for me and so that's when I began to turn to drugs and alcohol as a replacement trying to find those friends who really accepted me.


And so I created a whole new person that I knew I wasn't and I was sad, angry, depressed ... depressed a lot of the times. And I used drugs and alcohol to escape that. Through that I became very unhealthy ... I ... my lifestyle was just it wasn't who I was brought up to be. I was partying every weekend and using drugs and alcohol to find my group of friends. There was a point where I realized that I become so self-destructive and I was using Just in alcohol to mask the reality, mask all my issues that I was going through and to get away from what the problems I had in my life.

I was just I've created my own darkness and the lifestyle that I was living was hurting myself. There was a point that I really just knew that to end and because I knew I couldn't control what was going on in my life anymore. One night I was invited by a good friend to u-turn and I thought okay. I guess I'll go and you know we'll see I know a couple people there see what happens.

And as soon as I walked through the doors I was embraced by arms of people that no idea where they were. I was loved and cherished and just accepted exactly for who I was, exactly for us wearing, how I was dressed, everything like that.

Everyone just loved on me. It was something that I never experienced before. I was never just accepted for exactly who I was when I did complete strangers. I started to go to u-turn often but I still kept partying and so living this double life was not something that I wanted to live because I felt still be accepted by my part of your friends that I was doing drugs and alcohol with.

Yet I was being loved on and cared about like for real with my church friends. In November my sophomore year I gave my heart to the Lord and after that I had this whole new sense of life. The darkness that I had created for myself and the anger and depression and sadness that I created was gone. I had felt like a whole weight I just been lifted off my shoulders. And that everything that I've been worrying about and that I've been that is making me angry and sad and depressed was just gone. Everything was lifted and I felt like a whole new person. I got that second chance. I felt fully redeemed and that God just gave me that second life.

Source:
God take me out of the darkness - Addie

It is incredible that God can just give you that second chance. God can bring you out of the darkness that you created for yourself. I never thought that I would be here and who I am today so it's incredible and God is amazing.
  • Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - (John 14:6).
Thank you. Jesus Bless you.


Share it:

Repent

Post A Comment:

0 comments: