International Testimony

International Testimony
God Is Love

Blog Archive

Ads 728 x 90


90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper

Share it:

The Gate of Heaven was a magnificent edifice. The one that I saw it looked no less than ... than a giant ... a giant gate that looked like it had been sculpted from mother-of-pearl. In all honesty as awesome as the the site was.

Shalom, this is the story:

Don Piper was relieved that the pastors conference he'd been attending finished a little early on that Wednesday in January of 1989. As associate pastor and just appointed Minister of Education at a Houston area church he was a busy man.

Don Piper:
"I was thinking about that night and also that I was going to be preaching the next Sunday morning in three services."

Within minutes of leaving the retreat center Don drove onto a bridge spanning a lake.


Don Piper:
"Before I exited the other end a tractor-trailer truck owned by the Texas Department of Corrections across the center stripe and hit my my car head-on. I was instantly transported to Heaven's Gate. I did not see a single person that I did not know. They were relatives, they were friends who died in high school, there were teachers, there were people that I had seen and known all my life who had gone to glory. They were smiling. They were embracing me. They were welcoming me. They were in the process of taking me in through the gate of heaven."

Looking over the heads of his friends, Don saw a looming pearl gate.

Don Piper:
"The Gate of Heaven was a magnificent edifice. The one that I saw it looked no less than ... than a giant ... a giant gate that looked like it had been sculpted from mother-of-pearl. In all honesty as awesome as the the site was. The sound was even more amazing. I heard literally thousands of praise songs. They were all praise songs. I couldn't really see anything. I was so preoccupied with the people around me couldn't really see anything but you could sense this hum of wings just kind of hovering all about you. As if you were being ministered to by angels. And that they were observing this whole episode."

While Don stood at the gates of heaven. This man stood on a Texas Highway by Don's lifeless body. Pastor dick on a wrecker of Cline Texas had also attended the pastors conference and came upon the accident moments after it happened. EMS personnel told dick that Don was dead.

Dick:
"Very candidly It was as though I was compelled to stop and to pray for him. The Lord just impressed on me very emphatically very urgently that I was to pray for him. And I walked over by the door, great physical damage on on the outside and I laid my hands on him and began to pray for him."

As suddenly as his journey began it ended Don found himself back in his crushed vehicle staring up at a tarp thrown over him by medical attendants.

Don Piper:
"First conscious memory was what a friend we had. I was singing and I'm thinking to myself. Why am i singing the song. I'm in the dark I knew it was about noontime when the accident happened. I'm in the dark I'm singing and I'm holding a hand. And I'm thinking to myself what on earth has happened."

Dick had begun singing hymns to dawn.

Dick:
"The Lord impressed on me not only to pray for him but that there be no internal injuries and there be no head injuries. And then we began to ... I began to sing and all of a sudden I heard him singing with me."

The prayers and love of family and friends pulled on through for intensive months of therapy, numerous operations and infections which on two occasions almost claimed his life.

Source:
90 Minutes in Heaven | Don Piper - The 700 Club<br />

Don Piper:
"I like to say that I was brought back by popular demand. People prayed me back from from the gates of heaven. People prayed me back from death's door. I'm here because people ask God for me to be here."
  • Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - (John 14:6).
Thank you. Jesus Bless you.


Share it:

Heaven

Post A Comment:

0 comments: