International Testimony

International Testimony
God Is Love

Blog Archive

Ads 728 x 90


New Age Teachings Nearly Cost My Life - Sid Roth

Share it:

I read the book and it says it's abomination for anyone to be involved in the occult or New Age, but for a Jew it's worse.

New Age Teachings Nearly Cost Sid Roth His Life. Shallom,

I was raised in a Jewish home. We went to an Orthodox synagogue. I remember as a young kid my parents were into athletics. Their particular sport was poker and they were out late at night and I was home alone. I remember I like a little kid would do I would say over and over again, 'I wish they'd come home, I wish they'd come home.'

And one night when I was saying, 'I wish they'd come home.' A thought popped in my mind, 'What happens when you die?' And in Judaism we don't talk about death it's a lehayim to life. I've never even pondered that thought.


The only conclusion I could come up with is you cease to exist, but it was such an objectionable thought that I've blocked it from my mind for many many years.

So I blink my eyes a few times and graduated college and I wrote a song called there must be something more. I remember the words they went like this, 'Because I work eat sleep and that's the way it goes because I work eat sleep and that's the way it goes.'

There must be something more, but I didn't know what that something more was not blink my eyes a few times then I was married and I blinked my eyes a few times and I had a daughter and I blanked my eyes a few times and I had a wonderful career job with Merrill Lynch. My goal in life was to become a millionaire before 30 and now I'm 29, I wasn't happy. There must be something more.

So I did something I'm not proud of. I left my wife. I left my daughter. I left my job and I went searching for happiness, but you know it's a big world out there if you don't know what you're searching for.

At the end of a year things were worse. I took a course, a mind expansion course, where they promised me by the end of the one-week course I would know things that I never programmed in my brain. And it worked and I was so excited.

I would just think the thought and it would happen like this, 'I would say I'd like to go into business for myself counseling.' And a man that I just knew casually came into my office and said, 'Sid, if you ever want to go into business for yourself, we have extra space. We'll let you use our secretary free, our telephones, our offices free.'

Wow this power is terrific, but this businessman turned out to be a born-again Christian. And he invited me to a Bible study. He looked at me and said, 'Sid, do you realize what you're doing is an abomination to God?' I said, 'Oh, come on.' He said, 'Look in your own Bible, turn to Deuteronomy 18,' and said you go to fortune tellers and seances and witches and stuff like that in lists all these things that I'm doing but it was an abomination.

And this kind of scared me. So I decided I put it on hold for a minute maybe read this Bible and even though I had a good Orthodox background. I didn't know the Torah and at that time I went into a bookstore and I went into the New Age section. And there's a book called, 'The Jew, the Bible in the supernatural.' I'm Jewish, I'm looking at the Bible now and I'm into the supernatural, perfect.

I read the book and it says it's abomination for anyone to be involved in the occult or New Age, but for a Jew it's worse. It listed famous Jewish people that dabbled in the New Age like I was doing and lost their life and the one that really hit me was Brian Epstein, he was the Jewish manager of a group called, 'the Beatles.' They went to the Himalayas. Brian went with him and at that time only one died, the Jew, Brian Epstein. He had everything I was looking for: fame, money, everything he wanted, but he's dead. This really scared me.


About that time I became convinced I had something evil inside of me and I wanted it out. I reached my point, my absolute limit. Life was too hard, I gave up, death look better than life.

And so one night I didn't want to live anymore, but I prayed a two-word prayer from a broken heart, 'Jesus helped.' And when I woke up in the morning I was shocked, that was alive. But more than a live, there was something in my room. The whole atmosphere was alive with the love of God I'd never experienced anything like this before. And I knew that that evil inside of me, it was gone. And I knew it had to do with that prayer, Jesus.

And then I heard the audible voice of God for the first time in my life and you know what He said to me? He said, 'I hate divorce, return to your wife and daughter.' And God restored my marriage, gave me back my daughter and my wife. And I have now celebrated our 51st wedding anniversary.

Source:

I know that when I make a mistake He not only will give me the power to overcome, but He'll wash it away and there's nothing disturbing this intimacy, this love of God. When you know God you have everything. When you just know about Him, you have nothing. What do you have?
  • Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - (John 14:6).
  • “I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me.”- (Philippians 4:13).
  • Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. - (2 Corinthians 5:17).
Thanks You, Jesus Bless You.


Share it:

New Age

Post A Comment:

0 comments: