International Testimony

International Testimony
God Is Love

Ads 728 x 90


Beautiful Testimony Former Hindu Coming To Jesus - Rakesh Patel

Share it:

So I went to my room and just I felt as if God was prompting me to speak but I didn't want Him to speak. And so I was trying to keep Him down but I couldn't do it.

Beautiful Testimony Former Hindu Coming To Jesus - Rakesh Patel. Shalom, this is his testimony:

Hi, my name is Rakesh Patel and I'm a civil engineering student at Texas A&M. Today I just like to take a little time and share my testimony with you how God brought me to Jesus Christ. It's a testimony of power, of love and His pursuit. It's not so much that people are pursuing God but it's God who pursues people, you know.


I grew up in East Texas. Jasper, Texas, to be more specific. It's a town of about 8,000 people. I grew up in a family who believes in Hinduism. Hinduism is polytheistic. They believe in many gods. They believe in reincarnation, in karma, things like that.

So I grew up as a Hindu and also grew up with OCD obsessive compulsive disorder. It's an anxiety disorder where people have obsessive thoughts and they do rituals to try to stop these thoughts or to relieve the stress. And you know some people shower four hours a day just because they have obsessive thoughts where they never feel clean.

I had obsessive thoughts about the end of the world. And started in the first grade. You can imagine a six-year-old trying to .. you know, obsessing about the end of the world for like about two weeks, you know.

Sometimes they'd be every minute, every second, especially started after my fifth grade year. I started obsessing about the end of the world and it seemed almost every minute or every you know. Then certainly at least every hour of the day I would have these obsessive thoughts about the end of the world. Or I was at least trying to fight them. And it took a lot of strength out of me it was very stressful.

But anyway, one of the days that changed my life was January 23rd 2006 when I watched the show on the History Channel show called the decoding the Bible or something like that, talked about the end of the world.

And so you know I figured you know I would start obsessing about these thoughts again. I wanted to look at you know watch the show anyway. So watch the last ten minutes of the show and sure enough it's about the end of the world. Start obsessing about it again and this time the show gave a year you know and you know started obsessing that it might be that year.


 I don't know but you know just getting depleted of my strength. I couldn't hold on. It seemed just you know could I couldn't keep going on my own. I didn't turn to Christ yet though I became more religious and Hinduism you know.

I started praying before I ate things like that. You know kind of prayed to God a little bit more, but wasn't very serious yet. But it just so happened at the same time we were covering in my 11th grade English class.

This unit about the Jewish culture and we had this project to do where we had to look up some questions. One of the questions we had to look up was what did the Jews think of the Messiah ? And so I kind of knowledge, you have brief knowledge of the Jewish religion before.

But I went on the internet looking for a more definite answer. And I somehow came across this article how this guy, he ... how he became a Christian. How he has a young kid had prayed the prayer to accept Christ, but I guess he never really got saved, because he got fell into sin in his college and teenage years.

And he now goes older and you're just crying out to God to have ... He was asking God to have mercy on him for his sins and he was kind of, you know. I was not looking for this but he had kind of intrigued me. I was like ... wow .... you know. I've never seen anything like this before. It kind of, you know, took me away a little bit.

I continued reading though and later on in that article it said Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven and in 11 years or 17 years of living I had never seen that before. And so I still remember that day when I saw that when I read that it was like God opened my heart to believe it.

And I believed it and I knew that since I was not with Christ I knew I was in trouble. And so you know there was a definite working that God was doing in my heart at that time from that time on. Before I would sit and I would tell myself, you know, ... well it's okay, I'll sin, I'll go to hell, it's okay ...

Now I knew that if I died, I would definitely go to hell and there was a real fear that, you know, I was trying to, you know, not die. Just because I knew I would go to hell. And so you know I spent there's a real guilt and there's a definite conviction on my heart. And I know I'm looking back. I know, I stand guilty. And you know just looking for ways or finding, you know, some way to get relieve myself of this guilt and conviction.


So I'm trying to find answers in Hinduism. I spent hours on the internet looking of stuff in different religions, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Christianity. I wanted just to stay a Hindu, because I knew what if I changed, If I became a Christian, my parents would kind of be shocked. And so definitely be leaving my comfort zone.

But um you know I tried to find insurance and Hinduism ... I never found it you know. Before this time I told myself that had become more religious in my 40s or 50s. You know trying to push it away but uh it wasn't the Lord's will. And I told myself I was going through this time that ... you know. I look into Christianity within a year. Now it's not God's plan either.

It was just, you know, about two months afterward where you know there was a heavier presence of guilt on my heart, it was a heavier presence of God. And I couldn't bear it. So I went to my room and just I felt as if God was prompting me to speak but I didn't want Him to speak. And so I was trying to keep Him down but I couldn't do it. So I just kind of blurted out like Jesus sure my God.

And I didn't know what I did it at that. I didn't know. I didn't know what I exactly done. it was just yeah I believe that was a day I became a Christian. Simple prayer nothing too fancy but uh as a prayer that changed my life for eternity. And through this all of God was the only One who had His hand upon me. There's no one who kind of verbally witnessed to me or anything like that. I did not consult a pastor. There was just ... it was just ... me and God, a type of thing .... glory goes to him. He did it all.

All I had to do is turn from Hinduism turn to Him to be saved. And, you know, hope you find this testimony encouraging then even if you use just a little bit in someone's life God can still use it.

I'm not saying just use a little or just talk a little bit with people. I mean God can still use even a little. And you may not know what's going on in a person's life. But surely God is ... God may be working in them. He definitely wasn't me. No one knew I was going through all this. But you know, seventeen years of living and playing video games, watching TV in the living, in the world, does not compare to three years just being a Christian.

Source:
Former Hindu Coming To Jesus Christ - Rakesh Patel.

I would definitely never trade that in. It's definitely a blessed ... been a blessed life just coming to know Jesus Christ, growing in Him. I pray that you know one day. If you're if you have not found Christ, I pray that you would find Christ. It's worth it for eternity so afraid that a God will bless your day. And have a good day and have a blessed day.
  • Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - (John 14:6).
Thanks You, Jesus Bless You.


Share it:

Budha-Hindu

Post A Comment:

0 comments: